Expert Fur Repair in Chicago, IL
When properly stored and cared for, a new fur can last for years and is a great wardrobe investment. The luxurious look and feel of a fur coat makes your outfit memorable and beautifully accompanies any outfit. Please be aware that these high-quality fur pieces also require attentive care and storage in the warmer months when you are not wearing your furs.
Luckily, the knowledgeable staff at Andriana Furs is trained to keep your furs in pristine condition and we can repair and restore your fur garments and accessories. Our fur repair services are always thorough, and we pride ourselves on attention to detail which helps maintain your furs in their original glory.
Maintaining The Beauty Of Your Fur
Before purchasing your fur, we urge our customers to ask the staff about the proper methods of care and storage. Proper storage for your furs requires controlled temperature and humidity to maintain its natural state and prevent it from losing luster, texture, and shine.
Common irritants can include sunlight, heat, humidity, and the area in which you are storing your furs. If you don’t plan on using your fur for a while, we recommend picking Andriana Furs or another furrier that specializes in cold fur storage to keep your fur in peak condition until you wish to wear it. We always provide our customers with the information and resources they need to maintain their fur pieces, so feel free to ask our fur specialists for any other information you might need.
Common Fur Repairs
At Andriana Furs in Chicago, IL, we’ve grown accustomed to our customers approaching us and asking for specific fixes. We ask that you kindly review the most common fur repairs so you can protect your fur purchases.
These repairs and problems include:
- Rips and tears: It’s easy to catch the edge of your fur on the back of a chair, a roughly textured wall, or any number of sharp objects that you encounter in your day-to-day life. Armhole tears are also caused by sitting on the garment, so we ask that our customers take care throughout their day to lift their coat when they sit down and remain aware of their surroundings.
- Bald or bare spots: These occur when hairs are lost from the pelt, often because of the use of a shoulder bag rubbing against the fur. Avoid wearing bags while using your fur and carry your bag in your hands rather than over your shoulder. Failure to store your furs or improper storage can also result in lost hairs, so read carefully about the correct way to care for your coat.
Bring your treasured furs to us for quality fur repair!
Why Andriana Furs?
- Over 30 Years of Experience - Chicago's Number-One Furrier Since 1987
- We Have the Largest Selection of Furs, Shearlings, Cashmeres & Leathers in Chicagoland
- We Are Recognized Around the World as a Premiere Destination for Furs
- On-Site Temperature and Humidity-Controlled Storage Vault and Fur Factory
- All Fur Repairs, Restyling and Cleanings are done on Our Premises
- We Accept Trade-Ins of Unwanted Fur Coats Toward the Purchase of a New Fur